Niner AIR 9 NX Eagle
If a cross-country bike met a trail bike out in the woods, they fell in love and had a child, what would that bike be? How about Niner's new AIR 9? The perfect blend of cross-country quickness mixed with a rowdier attitude. Run it geared. Run it single speed. Comfortable enough for all-day riding and quick enough to pin it at the races, the new AIR 9 handles what you throw at it.
Genetically engineered? Maybe not. But it sure is fun to ride.
The Niner AIR9 is a lightweight aluminum hardtail has always been capable. So how did they make capable even better? They kept the excellent qualities of their tried and true hydroformed aluminum - lightweight, snappy, poppy and peppy, the AIR 9 has plenty of stiffness to get you up to speed when you stomp on the pedals. Next, they applied their [R]evolution geometry which puts the rider in the sweet, balanced spot on the bike, elevating the ride experience. To top it off, they added Boost 148 spacing because stiffness and tire and wheel options are a good thing. Add a dropper post with the AIR9's internal routing and you can make this capable whip go even bigger.
- BB Type: 73Mm PF30 BB Shell (Adapters Required For BSA Type BBs)
- Seatpost: 30.9mm
- Seat Post Clamp: 34.9mm
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Side Swing, Front Pull
- Headset: 1.125" X 1.5" Tapered Integrated (Campy Style) Head TubeHeadset Included, Cane Creek Description: IS42/28.6 | IS52/40
- Rear Wheel Spacing: 148x12mm; Thru axle M12x1.75Px182L
- Bottle mount location descriptions: Medium, Large, XL - Two Bottle Mounts Inside Triangle, S, and XS - One Bottle Mount Inside Triangle
- Max Tire Size: Can Fit Up To A 29 X 2.4 Or 27.5 X 3.0 Tire (Tire Sizes Vary By Brand, Some Tires May Not Fit)
- Chainring Compatibility: 1x, 2x, and 3x - 1x max chainring size: 34T Boost
- Recommended Q-Factor: 168mm
- Max Fork Travel: 120mm
- ISCG Compatibility: No
- Max Rotor: 180mm
- Brake Compatibility: Post Mount Disc
- Fork Offset: Designed for 51mm Offset
- Biocentric: Compatible With BioCentric 30